Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Odyssey character: Telemachus

I think Telemachus would be frustrated at his father because he hasn't been with him in 20 years. Once all of the soldiers who were with Odysseus returned to Ithaca, they wanted to marry Penelope. Just to become the new king of Ithaca. I can understand how mad Telemachus must be from watching men hitting on his mom just to become king. I think he would also feel sorry for his mom because she doesn't even know if Odysseus is dead or alive, or if he will ever return to Ithaca. Also she had to wait 20 years to see her husband, who she doesn't know is alive or not. What I think would probably anger Telemachus the most is knowing that he can't do anything about it. He can't find his father, and he can't keep the men from staying in his home because the men have a right to try to marry his mother. If I were Telemachus I would want to kick all the people out of my house because they haven't been doing anything but take my food and make my mom sad. I would also like to find my father. He was never around when I was growing up so I would want to catch up with him because after all he is my father. And I would want to hear all the great stories he would tell us about his adventures over the past 20 years that he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment